For 2016 so far, here are our garbage expenses:
Total =$ 50.00 for 4 months of Garbage and Recycling Disposal:
04/09 – $ 6.00 for Garbage and Recycling +
04/30 – 00.00 for Recycling only +
$6.00 for April Garbage and Recycling +
$ 6.00 for March Garbage and Recycling + (details here)
$ 6.00 for February Garbage and Recycling (details here) +
$ 32.00 January Garbage and Recyling (details here)
8 ways we do it: click on each to see detailed blogpost
- Composting– Zero Waste Inspiration
- Recycling – It’s a habit worth forming!
- Learn to cook from scratch – Make a home-cooked meal
- Buy in bulk – Eat like your great-grandmother, join a food co-op.
- Making 5 Zero Waste Lunchboxes– Keep the green by being green.
- Changing one thing at a time for a Zero Waste Bathroom – This takes time!
- Taking small steps toward a Zero Waste Kitchen – Replace one disposable at a time.
- Meal Planning (recipes by Marilyn and me, here), using only what you need to avoid throwing food away and saving you money.
Striving for Zero Waste, good for your wallet and the Earth! Please feel free to share what works for you in the comments below. Thanks! ~ Aimee, TFF