In the big garbage bin in the garage, there is one kitchen size garbage bag and a pizza box. Our kitchen garbage is ¾ full.
For 2016 so far, here are our garbage expenses:
02/13 – $ 6.00 for Garbage and Recycling
02/27 – $ 00.00 for Recycling only
$ 6.00 for February Garbage and Recycling
12/31 – $ 6.00 for Garbage and Recycling
01/14 – $ 20.00 for Transfer Station and Beach Access Sticker
01/16 – $ 6.00 for Garbage and Recycling
01/30 – $ 00.00 for Recycling only
$ 32.00 January Garbage and Recyling
$ 38.00 Total Cost for 2 months of Garbage and Recycling Disposal
I cannot emphasize enough how much of a difference planning our weekly meals makes. See below for my meal planning notebook for ideas to help you save.
How we do it: click on each to see detailed blogpost
- Composting– Zero Waste Inspiration
- Recycling – It’s a habit worth forming!
- Buy in bulk – Eat like your great-grandmother, join a food co-op.
- Making 5 Zero Waste Lunchboxes– Keep the green by being green.
- Changing one thing at a time for a Zero Waste Bathroom – This takes time!
- Taking small steps toward a Zero Waste Kitchen – Replace one disposable at a time.
- Meal Planning (multiple posts by Marilyn and me), using only what you need to avoid throwing food away. Here are samples from my notebook:
Striving for Zero Waste, good for your wallet and the Earth!
Going for another $6.00 in March! Frugal and Sustainable Style!