I just checked the garbage can in the garage since I last went to the Fairfield Town Dump, which was two Saturday’s ago. There is only one kitchen-sized garbage bag in it. Woo-hoo! The garbage bag in the kitchen is not even half full. Woo-hoo, again! So, on this last Saturday of the month, I will only need to take our recyclables. Cost = free.
So, for the start of 2016, here are our garbage removal expenses:
12/31 – $ 6.00 for Garbage and Recycling
01/14 – $ 20.00 for Transfer Station and Beach Access Sticker
01/16 – $ 6.00 for Garbage and Recycling
01/30 – $ 00.00 for Recycling only
TOTAL – $ 32.00 Garbage and Recyling Removal for the month of January
How we do it: click on each to see detailed blogpost
- Composting– Zero Waste Inspiration
- Recycling – It’s a habit worth forming!
- Buy in bulk – Eat like your great-grandmother, join a food co-op.
- Making 5 Zero Waste Lunchboxes– Keep the green by being green.
- Changing one thing at a time for a Zero Waste Bathroom – This takes time!
- Taking small steps toward a Zero Waste Kitchen – Replace one disposable at a time.
- Meal Planning (multiple posts by Marilyn and me), using only what you need to avoid throwing food away. Here are samples from my notebook:
Striving for Zero Waste, good for your wallet and the Earth!
Going for a cost of $12.00 to rid of garbage and recycling for February. We shall see…