Got tomatoes or bananas on your counter? Kitchen compost pail? Ah, fruit flies love to land on those and breed! Here’s an easy homemade fruit fly trap that really works.
What you need:
- salad dressing bottle or vase
- balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Fill bottle with vinegar about an inch from bottom.
- Make a funnel with the paper. Use tape to secure.
- Tape paper to top of bottle to seal the gap between funnel and glass.
- Place close to the source of fruit fly problem.
Hope it works for you, too!
6 thoughts on “DIY Fruit Fly Trap”
I use cider vinegar, balsamic is too pricey to “waste” on fruit flies, esp. since the cider vinegar does the trick! : )
Oh yeah, apple cider vinegar will do the trick. Thanks for adding that, Carol! For me, apple cider vinegar would be a waste since the vinegars that get used the most in my house are balsamic, red wine and Ume plum for eating and distilled white for cleaning. (Remember I’m the Frugal *Foodie *of TFF ;)) ~ Aimee, TFF
This a terrific idea. I always have more fruit sitting out at this time of the year and those little pesky things really bug me
Plus what is really nice, I don’t have to buy anything
Thanks for the tip
Thanks! Yes, it is that time of year. Glad to share! ~Aimee, TFF
Comments are closed.