We joined BJs years ago when the kids were babies. As they got older, I thought about whether or not to end our membership. In the last few years, BJs has added organic coffee and other products and a line of Applegate Farms brand nitrate-free meats (cheaper than Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods) that has kept me going back. Bacon and deli meats can be frozen for future use.
Couponers: BJs allows you to stack manufacturer’s coupons with ones from their monthly coupon book.
Here is a partial list of our frugal foodie family’s Organic and Natural staple food items from BJs:
- Earth’s Pride Fair Trade Organic Sumatra Whole Coffee Beans 2.5 lb bag – $18.99 ($7.59/lb for organic, fair-trade coffee is a great price!)
- Earth’s Pride Organic Lemonade – 2 – 64 fl. oz bottles – $6.49
- Earth’s Pride Organic Organic Cranberry Juice Cocktail – 2 – 64 fl. oz bottles – $6.49
- Applegate Farms Natural Uncured Beef Hot Dogs, Turkey Hot Dogs, Nitrate/Nitrate-free – 2 – 12 oz pkgs – $7.99
- Applegate Farms Natural Sunday Bacon, Nitrate/Nitrate-free, 3 – 8 oz pkgs – $9.99
- Applegate Farms Cold Cuts: Genoa Salami, Slow Cooked Ham, Black Forest Ham, Smoked Turkey – 2 – 7 oz pkgs – $6.99
- Applegate Farms Deli Sliced Hormone-free Cheese: Provolone, Emmentaler, Swiss – 2 – 7 oz. pkgs – $6.99
- King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, 10 lbs – $6.49
http://www.getprograde.com/the-truth-about-bacon.html (Cut and paste this address to your web browser)